Welcome to School Year 2013-2014!
One hundred years ago Alice McLellan Birney said, "Let us have no more croaking as to what cannot be done; let us see what can be done, and above all see that it is done." That brisk philosophy still drives the PTA today. While the methods may change to make us more responsive to the demands of an electronic era, the underlying principle does not.
Turtle Rock Elementary School PTA is a non-profit, volunteer organization committed to the well-being of all children. It is our belief that every adult has a responsibility to ensure that all children develop to their full potential. We also believe parents are first teachers and that parent involvement is essential throughout a child's educational experience. We recognize the family can be defined in many ways and believe that family is the basic unit of society responsible for the support and nurturing of all children. Our responsibility includes advocating for the safety and welfare of all children and the opportunity for a quality public education for each child.
Purposes of the PTA:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such unified efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
January 30, 2014
Screen time discussion: Click here for the details.
Cyberbullying Discussion: Click here for the details.
How to create balance: Click here for the details.